what is firwood summer staff all about?
Each summer we are looking for energetic people who love the Lord and want to encounter jesus and experience the love of god by joining other staff members for a summer of ministry, hard work, spiritual growth and fun.
Come be a part of Firwood summer staff and experience a summer like never before.
- Camp Firwood requires all staff to adhere to our Statement of Faith.
- All Summer Staff are required to reside at camp. Staff will live among other staff and campers in rustic cabin or dorm-style accommodations. All meals are provided for staff. Pay ranges from $100 to $150 a week depending on position and experience.
- You must have a current medical form and proof of insurance form on file with The Firs at time of employment. No insurance benefits are provided for seasonal positions, with the exception of Workmen’s Compensation.
- We begin the hiring process in January, and accept applications until all positions are filled.
- Acceptance to Camp Firwood summer staff employment requires a commitment for the entire summer with few exceptions (School commitments, sports clubs etc.).
- Staff Training Week Dates are as follows:
- Leadership training week - for leadership staff only: June 10th - June 16th
- staff training week - for all staff: June 17 - June 23th
summer staff positions
2018 Summer Staff Applications are open!
The link for the application can be found below. PLease read through the following information and then click on the "apply now" button to open the application. plan on reserving roughly 20-30 minutes to complete the application, however, your process can also be saved and completed later if necessary.
the application process is new this summer. after clicking on the apply now link, you will be prompted to log in or create a new account. From there, you will gain access to the 2018 application. Please follow the instructions along the way and fill out your application.
once you have submitted your application, you will be notified via email about what steps you will need to take next.
when an applicant has completed all of the requirements within the application, an interview will be scheduled with a member of the Firwood team. A breakdown of the application process is as follows:
- january - March: applications are open and reviewed by the firwood team.
- March - may: phone interviews are scheduled.
- april - june: Hiring decisions made.
**please note that we will allow applications until all positions are filled. These date references are not definitive as we do hire staff beyond the dates listed if positions are available.**
if you have any questions regarding the application process or about any of the positions available, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the Firwood team will be happy to answer your questions.
summer staff fundraising
To help offset the cost of spending a summer in ministry, Camp Firwood is offering a fundraising program for Summer Staff members. Staff members will engage in deputized fundraising to meet the financial needs associated with serving a summer at camp. fundraising is available for all summer staff members. For detailed information please contact email@example.com for more information.
income tax DEDUCTIBLE donations
In accordance with IRS guidelines, income tax deductible contributions are made with the understanding that The Firs and Camp Firwood has complete control and discretion over the use of all donated funds.
please use the information provided below to submit donations for summer staff fundraising.
U.s Check Donations can be mailed to:
the firs - summer staff contribution
4605 cable street
bellingham, W.A, 98229
canadian check donations can be mailed to:
the firs fellowship of B.C - summer staff contribution
po box 4383
vancouver, B.C, v6b 3z8
Checks can be made out to “The Firs.” Please include “2017 Firwood Staff” in the memo line. Do not include the name of the staff member to insure tax deductibility of your donation.