in order to speed up the check-in process on opening day, please log into your parent portal account in order to confirm the following:
- Click on view account and then on the session that your camper is attending.
- confirm that there is no balance due. all balances are due 10 prior to the start of your camper's session. if you have not paid the balance due, please do so as soon as possible to avoid losing your camper's reserved space.
- Click to sign the health form and conditions of enrollment if you have not done so already.
- If you need to add any medication that your camper will be taking at camp, please do so by clicking on the health form.
you can also click to add pre-orders to order care packages from the honey hut prior to check in.
opening day check-in
In order to make your check in experience as smooth as possible, please review the following details before arriving at camp firwood.
- Check-in will be open beginning at 2:30 pm and Ending at 4:30 pm at Camp firwood.
- please arrive during the check-in time only as our staff will be preparing for your arrival up until check-in begins.
- due to the large number of people checking in we ask that pets not be brought to camp firwood during check in times.
any changes made to the check-in times due to an emergency or change in schedule will be email to you.
- due to the amount of high traffic on the firwood road during opening day we ask that you please drive 10mph in order to accommodate incoming and outgoing cars as well as to protect families who may be walking on the road.
opening day check-in process
Step 1: health screening
Each camper must check in with a Health Screener to look over the Health Form, check in any medications and discuss any allergies. Please have any medication that your camper will be taking at camp ready to turn in. If your camper has been sick with vomiting, diarrhea or fever, please wait at least 24 hours after these symptoms subside to bring them to Firwood. Please notify firstname.lastname@example.org if this is the case and you will be delayed in checking in.
step 2: cabin assignment
After you have completed the Health Screening, check in with the Men’s and Women’s Lead counselors. They will call down your counselor who will greet you and help you move into your cabin.
step 3: honey hut (optional)
each camper will be set up with a honey hut account upon registering for a week of camp. campers may only purchase items at the honey hut through their account with funds that have been pre-loaded within the parent portal. we suggest adding funds to your camper's account during registration. you can add funds during check-in on opening day at the honey hut well. camper accounts can also be updated midweek through the parent portal. the honey hut is also open for sales during opening day if you would like to purchase any merchandise at that time.
firwood no longer requires all campers to complete a swim test on opening day. All campers will be required to wear PFDs [life jackets] for all aquatic activities throughout the week. If a camper would like to free swim, a lifeguard will be available during Free Time for campers to complete the Swim Challenge and be able to swim without a PFD. There will be no Swim Challenge during Opening Day.
closing day camper pick-up
At the end of each session, pick-up for campers will be at the Fircreek Day Camp Parking Lot [4604 Cable St. Bellingham, WA, 98229]. Click here for Directions to Fircreek Day Camp.
- pick-up for sessions #101, #102, #201, #302, #103, #203 and #204 is on saturday between 9:15am and 10:00am.
- pick-up for sessions #202 and #301 is on Friday between 9:15am and 10:00am.
Campers will be transported from camp to the parking lot in multiple bus and van loads; please be patient. Please be on time to pick up your camper. There will be opportunities to purchase the Camp Firwood DVD from your camper's week and clearance merchandise from the Honey Hut as well.