Statement of Faith
The following is the Statement of Faith for The Firs and Camp Firwood:
- Belief in the Bible to be the inspired, inerrant, only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- Belief that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
- Belief in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection and His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal, bodily and pre-millennial return.
- Belief that, because of the fall of man and his consequent moral depravity, there is absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation.
- Belief that God has called Christians to a life of sanctification through the Holy Spirit.
- Belief in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto eternal life and the lost unto eternal punishment.
- Belief in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
The Firs Mission Statement
The Firs serves the local church and community by drawing groups and individuals to a camp and retreat setting where they will experience the Biblical message of Jesus through instruction, creative activities and significant relationships, resulting in changed lives.