Cabin Mate Policy
At Camp Firwood, we value camper friendships, old and new. With this in mind, we want to be able to offer campers opportunities with a cabin. Please be understanding as we attempt to accommodate all requests.
Cabin Mate Policy
- Each camper can request up to 2 cabin mates.
- Requests can be made during the registration process. An email will be sent to the person being requested and must be accepted to complete the request.
- For a request to be recognized, it must be mutual. It is the parent’s responsibility to communicate with other parents about mutual requests.
- Siblings are generally placed in separate cabins, unless requested otherwise.
- Your camper will be notified of their cabin assignment upon Opening Day Check-In.
- Non-requests (requesting that your camper not be placed in the same cabin as another) are not recognized.
- The last day for Cabin Mate requests is the Wednesday before the session.
- A non-refundable deposit of $100 must be made to hold your spot. Payment in full is required online.
- Payment is due in full on June 3rd, 2013. Any registration after June 3rd, 2013 must be paid in full.
- Paintball must be paid in full to reserve a spot. Paintball is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- There is a $50 fee for transferring between sessions.
- For cancellations one week prior to camp, the $100 deposit and any Paintball fee will be deducted from your account.
- Cancellations within one week of camp will not be refunded.
- Refund requests for cancelled sessions must be made to Firwood Registrar and will be refunded to check or credit card.
- No shows are non-refundable.
- Refunds of camp fees are not made for any campers departing early from camp for any reason, including health.
- Any remaining Honey Hut [camp store] balance at the end of the session will be left on family account.
- Refund requests must be made to Firwood Registrar and will be refunded to check or credit card.
- The Camp Director reserves the right to dismiss any camper who constitutes a hazard to the safety and/or rights of others, or demonstrates that he/she has rejected the reasonable controls and supervision of the camp staff. No refund of fees will be available to campers who are dismissed.
- The Camp Director reserves the right to refuse any camper for whom they feels the camp staff cannot provide adequate health care and/or supervision, out of concern for the camper’s health and safety. The Camp Director also reserves the right to refuse any camper who is unable to understand and/or follow safety procedures.
- The parents/guardians are responsible for replacing property damaged by the reckless behavior of the camper.
- The Firs and Camp Firwood are not responsible for lost and stolen property. Valuable items should not be brought to camp. Campers may bring a lock for their own luggage if they wish.
- The Camp Director and/or camp staff may search my camper’s luggage/bags if necessary.
- Conditions of custody, if applicable, will be fully communicated in writing to the camp, including a photocopy of the section of any order referring to visitation rights.
- Failure to disclose medical problems, concerns or behavioral issues at time of registration could result in dismissal.
- It is the responsibility of the parents/guardians to make appropriate arrangements for their children to be picked up at the return destination at the close of camp.
- Camper may participate in an on-site overnight camping experience.
- Photos or videos of registered camper may be used in promoting camp programs.
- Roommate requests must be limited to 2 requests per camper and must be mutual requests.
- Cell phones are not allowed at camp. Cell phones brought to camp will be held the camp office until the end of the camp session. Camp Firwood is not responsible for damage or loss of any cell phone at camp.
To be put on a Wait list, you must register your camper and pay the full session amount upfront. If a spot becomes available, you will be notified by e-mail immediately. You are responsible to notify us if your plans change, if you do not and a spot opens, you will not be refunded your deposit.
If you would like your camper on more than one Wait list, you must register them with a full payment for each session. If you have put your camper on more than one Wait List as a safety net, please keep in mind that you lose the $100 deposit upon canceling. We do not consider being on a second Wait list as a way to transfer to another Wait listed session that your camper gets in to, we consider it a cancellation. No funds will be transferred from one Wait list to another.
If we receive a returned check from our bank for a payment you made, you will be invoiced for the original amount of the check plus a $25 bank fee. The payment of the invoiced amount will be due within 30 days of invoice date. We will re-submit the original check once before sending the invoice and fee. We will not accept another check for the re-payment; you must pay with cash, money order or credit card.